From Redump Wiki
Dumping UMD with PSP Filer
Note: Please do not use USBSSS — it makes bad dumps!
- PSP must have latest CFW.
- Download PSP Filer v6.6.
- Start dump and upon finish move image from root folder ms0:/ISO to computer.
- Use HashCalc to obtain various hashes: CRC-32 / MD5 / SHA-1.
- Download SFOInfo (this tool needs .NET 2.0).
- Mount PSP image as ordinary disk emulation drive and run "SFOInfo s r:\ D:\myinfo.txt" (r: emulation disk letter).
- Post myinfo.txt, image hashes and in-game languages as PSP dump info.
Dumping a UMD with PSP Filer Guide
You will need:
- PSP Filer v6.6
- SFOInfo + Batch file to extract info
- Hashcalc (or another program that can calculate CRC32/MD5/SHA1 of a file)
- a PSP with Custom Firmware that can run Homebrew programs.
- a Memory Stick with at least 2 GB of free space. (a UMD can be up to 1.8gb in size.)
Installing PSP Filer onto your PSP
1. Extract the PSP Filer ZIP file
2. Open the 'release\GAME' folder, select the 'Filer' folder and 'copy' it
3. Connect the PSP to the computer using a USB Cable
4. Open your memory stick, then open the 'PSP\Game' folder and select paste
5. Disconnect the PSP from the computer.
Dumping a UMD using PSP Filer
1. Enable your PSP to run homebrew / start your Custom Firmware.
2. Insert the UMD you want to dump into your PSP.
3. Select Game > Memory Stick > PSP Filer and start it.
4. When PSP Filer starts, Press the Triangle button to open a menu.
5. Press the 'Right Trigger' button to select 'UMD Ripping'.
6. Make a note of the filename the UMD will be dumped to. (Example: ULES-00135.iso)
7. Press the 'Start' button to start dumping.
8. Wait while the UMD dumps to your Memory stick. This can take a while, it depends on the size of the game.
9. When completed, Press the Cross button then exit 'PSP filer' using the Home button then Quit game.
Transferring the dumped ISO file to your computer
1. Connect the PSP to your computer using a USB Cable
2. Open your Memory Stick then open the ISO folder.
3. Copy/Cut the Dumped ISO from your memory stick to a folder on your computer.
4. Disconnect the PSP from the computer.
Collecting the necessary info and submitting the dump
1. Extract SFOInfo from the ZIP file and place it in the folder as your Dumped ISO.
2. Run the getinfo batch file and this will make a text file with the same name as your ISO with the SFO Info in it.
3. Run Hashcalc, press the '...' button and browse for the ISO file that your dumped.
4. Tick the MD5, SHA-1 and CRC32 boxes then click 'calculate'
5. Open the text file that got created in step 2.
6. Copy the template data below and paste at the top of the text file.
7. Replace the data in <Angled Brackets> with the data from your dump and save when done.
--- Template Start --- General Info: Game Name: <Name of the Game that you dumped> Dumping PSP: <PSP Type and Firmware Version, E.g 'PSP-1000, 6.20 PRO-B7'> Dumping Tool: <Program used to Dump. E.g 'PSP Filer 6.6'> Filesize: <Go to Properties of ISO and copy 'size' NOT 'size on disk' e.g '756 MB (793,280,512 bytes)'> Barcode: <The barcode on the back of box (usually in the bottom right corner)> Edition: <What Edition of the game is it? Original?, Demo?, Special Edition?> Languages: <What languages is this game in?, e.g 'English, French, German, Italian, Spanish'> Ring Codes: <Found on the data side near the center hub, some games may only have one ring code> - Outer Ring: <Code on the outer ring: E.g 'A0100633844-A511 17 A1'> - Inner Ring: <Code on the inner ring: E.g 'A0600666666-B511 96 C10'> HashCalc Info: MD5: <Paste the MD5 of your ISO from Hashcalc here> SHA1: <Paste the SHA1 of your ISO from Hashcalc here> CRC32: <Paste the CRC32 of your ISO from Hashcalc here> --- Template End --- Note: Your SFOInfo data should be here.
8. Go to Dumps section of the forum, Click 'Post New Topic'
In 'Topic Subject' type in: "[PSP] <Name of Game> (Region)"
E.g "[PSP] Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex (Europe)"
In the 'Write Message' box, paste the info from the text file.
9. Check that you have posted all the required information:
- General Info
- Hashcalc Info
- SFO Info
10. Press the 'Submit' button ONCE and wait for the information to be submitted.
Example of a Complete Dump Info:
General Info: Game Name: Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex Dumping PSP: PSP-1000, 6.20 PRO-B7 Dumping Tool: PSP Filer 6.6 Filesize: 756 MB (793,280,512 bytes) Barcode: 3 296580 802487 Edition: Original Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish Ring Codes: - Outer Ring: A0100633844-A511 17 A1 - Inner Ring: A0600666666-B511 96 C10 HashCalc Info: MD5: e52a046153932917584007e415405dc2 SHA1: 7aed3fa5538c53b79a38ef21aac9d01cd506c557 CRC32: a7190995 SFO file: ULES-00135\PSP_GAME\PARAM.SFO SFO Version: 1.1 BOOTABLE: 1 CATEGORY: UG DISC_ID: ULES00135 DISC_NUMBER: 1 DISC_TOTAL: 1 DISC_VERSION: 1.00 PARENTAL_LEVEL: 5 PSP_SYSTEM_VER: 1.52 REGION: 32768 TITLE: GHOST IN THE SHELL STAND ALONE COMPLEX SFO file: ULES-00135\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\UPDATE\PARAM.SFO SFO Version: 1.1 BOOTABLE: 1 CATEGORY: MG DISC_ID: MSTKUPDATE DISC_VERSION: 1.00 PARENTAL_LEVEL: 1 REGION: 32768 TITLE: PSP™ Update ver 2.00 TITLE_0: PSP™ アップデート ver 2.00 TITLE_2: Mise à jour PSP™ ver. 2.00 TITLE_3: Actualización de PSP™ ver. 2.00 TITLE_4: PSP™-Aktualisierung Ver. 2.00 TITLE_5: Aggiornamento della PSP™ ver. 2.00 TITLE_6: PSP™-update versie 2.00 TITLE_7: Actualização PSP™ ver 2.00 TITLE_8: Обновление PSP™ вер. 2.00 TITLE_9: PSP™ 업데이트 버전 2.00 UPDATER_VER: 2.00