PlayStation Portable (with Movie Partition) Dumping Guide
From Redump Wiki
This guide is for dumping UMD discs with movie partitions. Known discs include Stealth movie with WipeOut Pure demo, and "Demo Disc for PSP Vol. 1". For dumping UMD games without a movie partition (MOST), please use this guide instead: PlayStation Portable Dumping Guide.
Movie partitions are region-locked and must be dumped with PSPs from the region of the disc.
- Sony PSP with the latest CFW installed.
- Memory Stick with at least 2 GB of free space.
Tools & Setup
- UMDKiller V1.2: Copy the "UMDKiller" folder to: ms0:/PSP/GAME/
- UMDKillerPRX V1.5: Copy the "UMDKiller.prx" and "VSH.TXT" files to: ms0:/seplugins/
Note: UMD_DATA.BIN of each ISO has the partition number, 0001 & 0002.
- In your PSP, navigate in the menu to Games > Memory Stick and choose UMDKiller V1.2 to dump the first partition. It will be saved to ms0:/ISO/UCJB-98306.iso.
- Connect your PSP to a PC and rename the dumped ISO as "UCJB-98306_0001.iso" and then move it onto the PC.
- With your UMD in the PSP, use UMDKillerPRX V1.5 to dump the second partition by pressing the "♪" button. It will be saved to ms0:/ISO/UCJB-98306.iso.
- Connect your PSP to a PC and rename the dumped ISO as "UCJB-98306_0002.iso" and then move it onto the PC.
- Open Notepad and type the text below, make sure to modify the filenames to match your ISOs: copy /b UCJB-98306_0001.iso + UCJB-98306_0002.iso UCJB-98306_merged.iso
- Save the file as Merge.bat and move it to the same location as the two ISO dumps.
- Double-click the Merge.bat to merge the ISOs into one file, "UCJB-98306_merged.iso" is created.
- Use clrmamepro's Dir2Dat function and uncheck everything except Add MD5+SHA1, create the .dat file to save the three ISO hashes.