From Redump Wiki
The 0080 series of optical disc drives are pulled from Xbox 360 consoles. Some models are compatible with Xbox 360 discs. What makes the 0080 dumping-compatible drives so special is that they're the only drives that can dump Xbox 360 discs which have XGD3 copy protection.
XGD3 Dumping-Compatible Models
- Hitachi DL10N
- Hitachi GDR-3120L 32, 36, 40, 46, 47, 58, 59, 78, 79
- Phillips VAD6038 aka BenQ VAD6038
- Liteon DG-16D2S
- Liteon DG-16D4S
Choosing the Right Model of Xbox 360 and Removing it's Drive
- Drives pulled from phat 360's are generally going to be easier to deal with.
- If you are going to removing the DVD drive from a phat Xbox 360 you already have, you can check the wire colors that are behind the faceplate for indication as to what DVD drive is inside: guide here.
- Ebay is a good source for working DVD drives pulled from Xbox 360's.
- In (approximate) order of easiness to flash:
- BenQ VAD6038 (This drive is flashable with no extra steps other than hooking up the power and sata cables)
- Hitachi GDR-3120L Rom Versions: 32, 36, 40, 46, 47, 58, 59, 78, & 79* (Requires cycling power on pin 3 to enter vendor mode. *Rom version 79 requires the use of special CD as apart of the flash process)
- Liteon DG-16D2S (These drives require the disassembly of the drive and use of a probe that is connected to ground. You must cycle power to the DVD drive and short a pin with your probe as apart of the flash process)
- Hitachi DLN10N (This is a slim model DVD drive, requires a RGH console as apart of the process)
- Liteon DG-16D4S (This is a slim model DVD drive, and can be a bit tricky depending on the firmware version. Custom PCBs, soldering, etc...)
- To remove the drive from your Xbox 360, see the tutorial here.
Options for Connecting Drive to PC
- All in one USB option: Xecuter X360USB PRO V2 - Buy (Provides power and data connections, this will be the easiest to use)
- Connecting Directly to PC Via SATA
- Only a handful of SATA chipsets are compatible for flashing the firmware. The VIA VT6421 is a PCI expansion card and is the preferred option for flashing via this method. Buy
- After the drive has been flashed with a VT6421 and JungleFlasher, it should be plugged into the regular SATA ports on your motherboard.
- UGreen USB to SATA Adapter + Sata extension (required to fit inside UGreen adapter from ODD)
Options for Powering Drive
If you're using the Xecuter X360USB PRO V2 then this section is unnecessary.
- Xecuter CK3 Pro
- Maximus 360 Power Dongle 
- DIY options are available.
Flashing the Firmware
- The JungleFlasher app is used, download here. Make sure to move the correct firmware for your DVD drive into the "firmware" folder before starting.
- Jungle Flasher requires driver signature enforcement to be disabled, and the program must be run with admin rights. To disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 7, press F8 while Windows is booting to reach the Advanced boot menu, and then select the option to disable it. Driver signature enforcement will reset to normal if you reboot. See here for Windows 8 & 10
- Each drive model has it's own specific method to unlock the drive, tutorials are available here.