Dumping Guide: Nintendo GameCube / Wii with a DVD drive (Old)
From Redump Wiki
This is an OLD deprecated guide. Instead go here: Nintendo GameCube / Wii
Dump using a computer. Note that this needs a special drive! NOTE: You cannot get a .bca file by dumping with a drive. So it's best to dump with a Wii in the method described above.
1. Installing and setting up software
- Make sure you have one of the following DVD Drives that are known to be supported here
- Download Rawdump 2.1.
- Download and install the latest version of HashCalc. or any other program that you prefer for calculating CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1
2. Dumping disc
- Insert the disc into the drive and launch Rawdump 2.1, and press "Start Dump". This will take some time. For Wii games, expect 2+ hours, and for gamecube games, expect 30+ minutes. The file will save as a .wii or .wod file. Press the "Convert raw to .iso"
- After the disc has been copied, launch HashCalc, check MD5, SHA1 and CRC32 rows, uncheck others. Select File option from the Data format list, then press button next to the Data field, select dumped image and press Calculate. The calculation process may take up to several minutes. These checksums should be posted along with other info.
- Dump your disc again and compare old dump checksums with the new ones. If checksums are the same, your disc has been dumped properly.
3. Gathering all dump info and Posting
- These steps are the same as described in the CleanRip method.