Nintendo GameCube (NR) / Wii (RVT-R) Dumping Guide
From Redump Wiki
This guide is for dumping Nintendo GC and Nintendo Wii dev discs. For dumping retail discs, go here: Nintendo GameCube / Wii Dumping Guide.
Dump using a computer. Note that this needs a special drive!
Dumping with a PC
1. Installing and setting up software
- Make sure you have one of the following DVD Drives that are known to be supported here
- Download Rawdump 2.1.
- Download and install the latest version of HashCalc. or any other program that you prefer for calculating CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1
2. Dumping disc
- Insert the disc into the drive and launch Rawdump 2.1, and press "Start Dump". This will take some time. For Wii games, expect 2+ hours, and for gamecube games, expect 30+ minutes. The file will save as a .wii or .wod file. Press the "Convert raw to .iso"
- After the disc has been copied, launch HashCalc, check MD5, SHA1 and CRC32 rows, uncheck others. Select File option from the Data format list, then press button next to the Data field, select dumped image and press Calculate. The calculation process may take up to several minutes. These checksums should be posted along with other info.
- Dump your disc again and compare old dump checksums with the new ones. If checksums are the same, your disc has been dumped properly.
Dumping GameCube NR & Wii RVT-R discs with an RVT-R Reader
- you'll need a wii menu and hbc installed
- use hackmii installer 1.0 - 1.2 can't find vulnerable IOSes for some reason
- also, use wii menu 3.0 or later
- bannerbomb and letterbomb work as on retail
- Dump with Cleanrip (include steps here)
cleanrip + hex edit to add 7mb of zeroes
Dumping GameCube NR discs with an NR Reader