Microsoft Xbox Dumping Guide
From Redump Wiki
Forum discussion on original Xbox and Xbox 360 dumping here.
Two Methods of Dumping
There are two methods of dumping Xbox games. The method used will be determined by which type of disc you have, Kreon or 0800.
- Kreon disc drives:
- SATA models:
- SH-D163A aka TS-H353A
- SH-D163B aka TS-H353B (won't work externally with an adapter, must mount in a pc tower)
- IDE models:
- SH-162C aka TS-H352C aka SD-M2012C(?)
- SATA models:
- 0800 drive flashed with custom firmware + Team Xecuter X360USB PRO
Kreon drive Setup & Dumping
Tools / First Time Setup
- Kreon disc drive.
- Flash your Kreon disc drive's firmware:
- Download the appropriate firmware for your model:
- Unzip the firmware software, open up the command line and cd (change directory) to it's location.
- Run the command: sfdnwin.exe -nocheck
- You'll get a pop up that says "-Nocheck Use!!!", click "OK" beneath it. This will open the SFDNWIN app.
- In the app, select your "Drive".
- Click the light-blue Folder icon in the upper left part of the app, then select the ".bin" file that came with the app.
- Click the green Folder icon.
- If successful you will be asked to restart your computer, do this.
- Xbox Backup Creator 184.108.40.2065
- FreeCell & ss_sector_range
Dump with this guide: Disc Dumping Guide (DICUI)
Dumping with 0800 drives
- Software: Xbox Backup Creator 220.127.116.115
- Open the app Xbox Backup Creator 18.104.22.1685
- On the Options tab, check "Build Clean ISO".
- On the Read tab, uncheck "Use Sector Mapper (Xbox One)".
- Click the Start button on the Read tab.
- A read error should occur shortly after starting the dump. This is normal. Check the box "Apply zero fill to all remaining sector errors." and click the "Zero-Fill Sector(s)" button.
- When the dump is complete, make sure that the log window reports exactly 65536 unrecoverable sectors. These are the security sectors. If the number is higher, this means there were actual read errors and your dump is likely bad. Some games can still be read at a slower speed and with more attempts at reading bad sectors. On the Options tab, choose your drive under the "Drive Specific" section, then choose "Xbox One" in the dropdown beneath. Then set Block Retry Limit and Sector Retry Limit to 20, and Set Speed to 1x. The dump will take a bit longer, but dumpers have managed to save otherwise bad discs by reading them in this manner.
Submitting Dump Info
Work in Progress.
- Region: To determine Region open DMI.bin in Windows' Notepad app. At offset 40 you'll find a string like AV202202E0X11. This string contains valuable information: in this case, AV2022 is the disc serial (AV-2022). 02 is the version (1.02). E is the region (Europe). Finally, the last two bytes tell you that it's Disc 1 of 1. Don't trust that "region" value too much; sometimes, games that have been cut for a specific country (Germany, for example) and have been exclusively sold there still bear the "E" or "W" region code.
- W = World
- A = USA (America)
- J = Japan (or Asia)
- E = Europe (might be Germany only for example, or any other European country)
- K = (USA, Japan)
- L = (USA, Europe)
- H = (Japan, Europe)