Nintendo Wii U Dumping Guide
From Redump Wiki
This guide is an early work in progress.
- A Wii U console with an Internet Connection - 5.5.1 or later is recommended, but anything that can run the homebrew channel for Wii U is fine
- A 32GB (or higher) SD Card formatted to FAT32, or an SD card of any size and a 32GB (or higher) USB flash drive formatted to FAT32 or NTFS. Higher sizes are recommended due to every Wii U Dump being 25GB, however Wii U cannot power some external HDDs without a Y-Cable.
- WUDump, to dump the actual game.
- (Optional) WUDCompress to later compress the WUD into a WUX, which is a lot more space saving.
First Time Setup
If you are planning on using homebrew a lot, consider setting up Haxchi - this allows you to run homebrew from a title on your Wii U Menu instead of trying from the browser multiple times. If you already have Haxchi, simply put the WUDump ELF into sd:/wiiu/apps/wudump/ and then run it in HBL.
- Download The Homebrew Channel and place the wiiu folder on your SD Root.
- Download WUDump from above, and place it in SD:/wiiu/apps/wudump/ (you will need to make the folder 'wudump')
- If you use Haxchi, open Haxchi and run the Homebrew Launcher.
- If you don't use Haxchi, go to http://usploit.hacks.guide on your Wii U (bookmark the page as the exploit isnt the most stable) - make sure the curtains are open on the TV and run the launcher. If your Wii U freezes, reboot and try again.
- Once in the Homebrew launcher, select wudump, then hit Load.
- Press the appropiate button for what device you are dumping to (FAT32 USB, NTFS USB, or FAT32 SD)
- Once ready, the program will inform you to insert the disc; if you already have the disc inserted, simply eject and re-insert.
This process takes a long time (1-2 hours!), so go get lunch and wait.
Submitting Info to Redump
Notes using the New Disc form:
- In the New Disc form, put all ring information in the 'Ring' field like you would using the template below (a moderator will format them properly).
- Language Select and Case Serial information can go into the 'Comments' field.
- Make sure you submit the game.key!
[quote] Note: paste the contents of the WUDump <GAMEID>-dumpinfo.txt here. [/quote] [b]Game Information:[/b] [b]Game Title:[/b] [b]Region:[/b] Europe / USA / Japan / UK / Scandinavia / Australia [b]Languages:[/b] English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, etc... [b]Language Select:[/b] Language select via BIOS system settings / Language select screen at startup [b]Disc Serial:[/b] [b]Edition:[/b] Original / Demo / Starter Pack / Nintendo Selects [b]Case Barcode:[/b] [b]Case Serial:[/b] [b]Size:[/b] 25.025.314.816 [b]Ring Information:[/b] [b]Mastering Code (back):[/b] [b]Mastering SID Code (back):[/b] [b]Mould SID Code (back):[/b] IFPI XXXX [b]Additional Mould Text (back):[/b] [b]Toolstamp (back):[/b] [b]Mould SID Code (front):[/b] IFPI XXXX [b]Additional Mould Text (front):[/b] [b]Game Key:[/b] Attached
Note: Don't forget to attach the game.key file to the post!